Jobs To Do In The Garden In May
Here is a list of the top 10 jobs to do in the garden in May!
Hooray! Hooray! Summer’s on its way!
As bulbs fade and herbaceous borders grow in leaps and bounds, it is now clear that summer is approaching. Sowing and planting out bedding can begin, depending on regional weather variations, and you can take softwood cuttings. It’s also time to get back into the lawn mowing regime, as the lawn will be loving the warmer temperatures this month brings.
- Watch out for late frosts!
- Earth up potatoes and promptly plant any still remaining.
- Plant out summer bedding at the end of the month.
- Water early and late to get the most out of your water.
- Regularly hoe off weeds.
- Open greenhouse vents and doors on very warm days.
- Mow lawns weekly.
- Check for nesting birds before working on hedges or dense trees.
- Lift and divide overcrowded daffodils and other spring-flowering bulbs.
- Watch out for viburnum and lily beetle grubs.
If you would like any help with any of these jobs whether that’s because you are no longer able to or you are just a bit busy please don’t hesitate to get in touch either through:
or by Phone: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post about ‘Jobs To Do In The Garden In April‘, just in case you need to catch up!