Jobs To Do In The Garden In June
Here is a list of the top 10 jobs to do in the garden in June!
The Arrival of Summer!
June 21st is the longest day of the year, and the extra light and warmth encourages the garden to put on an exuberant burst of growth. But this extra light and warmth also means weeds will sprout up from seemingly nowhere. Keep on top of them by hoeing regularly in dry conditions.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down.
- Be water-wise, recycling where possible.
- Pinch out sideshoots on tomatoes.
- Harvest lettuce, radish, other salads and early potatoes.
- Position summer hanging baskets and containers outside.
- Mow lawns at least once a week.
- Plant out summer bedding.
- Stake tall or floppy plants.
- Prune spring-flowering shrubs.
- Shade greenhouses to keep them cool and prevent scorch.
If you would like any help with any of these jobs whether that’s because you are no longer able to or you are just a bit busy please don’t hesitate to get in touch either through:
or by Phone: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post about ‘Jobs To Do In The Garden In May‘, just in case you need to catch up!