Jobs To Do In The Garden In July
Here is a list of the top 10 jobs to do in the garden in July!
Summer is progressing!
This is often one of the hottest months of the year and a great time to sit out and enjoy your garden. Keep plants looking good by regularly dead-heading, and you’ll enjoy a longer display of blooms. Make sure you keep new plants well watered, using grey water where possible, and hoe off weeds, which thrive in the sunshine.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Check clematis for signs of clematis wilt.
- Organise care for houseplants if you go on holiday.
- Water new plants if dry but be water-wise.
- Deadhead bedding plants and repeat-flowering perennials to ensure continuous flowering.
- Pick courgettes before they become marrows.
- Treat apple scab.
- Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds and keep them topped up.
- Order catalogues for next year’s spring-flowering bulbs.
- Give the lawn a quick acting summer feed, especially if not given a spring feed.
- Harvest apricots, peaches and nectarines.
If you would like any help with any of these jobs whether that’s because you are no longer able to or you are just a bit busy please don’t hesitate to get in touch either through:
or by Phone: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post about ‘Jobs To Do In The Garden In June‘, just in case you need to catch up!