Jobs To Do In The Garden In February
Here is a list of the top 10 jobs to do in the garden in February!
Spring is in sight!
This month there are signs of the approaching spring, with bulbs appearing and wildlife waking up as light levels and temperatures increase. Outdoors, as the garden comes to life again, it’s time to prune shrubs and climbers such as Wisteria, as well as evergreen hedges.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Prepare vegetable seed beds, and sow some vegetables under cover.
- Chit Potato Tubers.
- Protect blossom on apricots, nectarines and peaches.
- Net fruit and vegetable crops to keep the birds off.
- Prune winter-flowering shrubs that have finished flowering.
- Divide bulbs such as snowdrops, and plant those that need planting ‘in the green’.
- Prune Wisteria.
- Prune hardy evergreen hedges and renovate overgrown deciduous hedges.
- Prune conservatory climbers such as bougainvillea.
- Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over the winter, remove dead grass from evergreen grasses.
If you would like any help with any of these jobs whether that’s because you are no longer able to or you just don’t fancy braving the cold please don’t hesitate to get in touch either through:
or by Phone: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post about ‘Jobs To Do In The Garden In January‘, just in case you need to catch up!