Jobs To Do In The Garden In August
August is usually one of the hottest months of the year – making watering essential. Try to use grey water wherever possible, especially as water butts may be running low if it has been a dry summer. August is traditionally holiday-time, so you might need to enlist the help of friends and family to look after the garden while you are away. When you are at home, take the time to prune summer-flowering shrubs.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Prune Wisteria
- Don’t delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms.
- Deadhead flowering plants regularly.
- Watering! Especially containers, and new plants preferably with grey recycled water or stored rainwater.
- Collect seeds from garden plants.
- Harvest sweetcorn and other vegetables as they become ready.
- Continue cutting out old fruited canes on raspberries.
- Lift and pot rooted strawberry runners.
- Keep ponds and water features topped up.
- Feed the soil and green manures.
If you would like any help with any of these jobs please do not hesitate to get in touch via either email: email@example.com or by phone on: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post all about ”Things To Do In The Garden In July”.