Jobs To Do In The Garden In April
Here is a list of the top 10 jobs to do in the garden in April!
Sunshine and showers!
Spring is finally here as daffodils and flowering trees start to bloom. Expect the inevitable April showers this month but with sunny days too, when you can turn your attention to the lawn. It’s an exciting month, with indoor-sown seeds well into growth, and it’s also time to start sowing outdoors – just watch out for frosts!
Top 10 jobs this month
- Keep weeds under control.
- Protect fruit blossom from late frosts by keeping the grass short around the base.
- Tie in climbing and rambling roses.
- Sow hardy annuals, hers and wild flower seed outdoors.
- Start to feed citrus plants using special citrus feed.
- Increase the water given to houseplants.
- Feed hungry shrubs and roses.
- Sow new lawns or repair bare patches.
- Prune fig trees.
- Divide bamboos and waterlilies.
If you would like any help with any of these jobs whether that’s because you are no longer able to or you are just a bit busy please don’t hesitate to get in touch either through:
or by Phone: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post about ‘Jobs To Do In The Garden In March‘, just in case you need to catch up!