Jobs To Do In The Garden In October
Although we had some warmer days over September, the autumn is now definitely here for real, and it feels colder. It’s a beautiful time of year, with the trees changing colour. Sometimes it may seem pointless raking, when the wind blows even more leaves onto the lawn, but just think of all the lovely leaf mould you can make! It’s also time to start preparing for early frosts.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Divide established rhubarb crowns to create new plants
- Cut back perennials that have died down
- Divide herbaceous perennials
- Move tender plants, including aquatic ones, into a greenhouse or conservatory
- Plant out spring cabbages
- Harvest apples, pears, grapes and nuts
- Prune climbing roses
- Finish collecting seeds from the garden to sow next year
- Last chance to mow lawns and trim hedges in mild areas
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf
If you would like any help with any of these jobs please don’t hesitate to get in touch either through email: email@example.com or by phone on: 01299 250 380.
If you enjoyed reading this post you may be interested in reading our previous post about ”Jobs To Do In The Garden In September’‘, just in case you need to catch up!